My online newspaper, Restorative Schools, is out today and every Friday.
As well as useful resources there are several reports of big reductions in suspensions in a number of US schools and school systems using Restorative Practices. The reports are based on data from previous school years. The numbers of students suspended and/or excluded has been mind-boggling (at least to me) and the reductions achieved have been very impressive.
Other trends include
- increasing pressure to reduce suspensions and exclusions
- the introduction of laws in some parts of the world to mandate the use of restorative and similar practices in schools
- endorsement of Restorative Practices by a wide range of authorities
- initiatives by cities around the world to become Restorative Cities
- schools playing a leading role in the spread of restorative practices within communities
All the best,